What is the MENA Media Law Reform process about?
- Sharing and building knowledge about media policy and regulatory frameworks and relevant internationally recognised freedom of expression standards
- Discussing how to respect democratic norms while adapting systems and institutional structures to the reality and culture in the MENA region (Arab solutions within a framework of respect for international standards)
- Focusing on building support for standards/principles rather than prescriptive approaches
- Building more coordinated advocacy platforms, including through broader coalitions of stakeholders
- Fostering participatory processes and greater pressure for law reform
- Making resource materials accessible to all through a digital library
- Furthering exchanges and dialogues among different stakeholders through a dedicated forum